Sunday 16 September 2018

It's been a long while since painting my first guitar back in 2015. 

I decided to tackle another painted instrument project this summer, 2018, as a present for my sisters birthday. This time I was looking to paint a guitar that had some more figurative and recognisable imagery and so I decided to paint this Cherry Blossom and Crane scene onto the guitar.

The guitar is painted in Titanium white and Mars Black acrylic based spray paint. All detailing is made with Enamel paints. Between each layer is a single coat of matt polyurethane lacquer. 

I decided to finish the guitar off by adding a chrome scratchplate to tie the design together with a proffesional finish. 

See below for various pics of the finished guitar. Looking to post some work in progress pictures and more details in the coming weeks. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment